University of Waikato, Durham Street, Tauranga View Map
$45 + Ticketek Service Fee.
You'll be redirected to an external site to book to your tickets
Screenwriter, actor and director Tim Balme de-mystifies the world of making film and television in NZ from a writer's perspective, including:
- The essential difference between the journey of a film screenplay and a television screenplay
- Who are the powers that be and how networks operate
- Turning an idea into a pitch (loglines, themes, one pagers, etc), what to do with it, where to send it and what might happen if someone likes it!
- The evolution of a pitch into a treatment, into a script, into production and beyond
- How to look after your idea, your property and your integrity as a script faces the challenges of leaving the page
- Being a writer for TV: The difference between writing for Shortland Street, Outrageous Fortune and Brokenwood.
Using Brokenwood and other recent local shows as working examples, Tim will leave time for Q&A after his talk.
Limited to 20 people.
Proudly Sponsored by the University of Waikato, Tauranga.